Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Damn Cake!!!

So it's been a bit of a rough week!

Last week was my daughter's 9th Birthday - can't believe she's 9!!!
I geared myself for the cake - had a pep talk about it, "just have a piece and walk away".

I did just that - had a piece and walked away.... then came back, snuck another small piece,
again and again till it was finally gone! I had some help from the family - what I'm most mad about it
how I slipped back into my old ways. How I threw the pep talk right out the window. I was like a crazed woman on the hunt for that damn thing. Ugh!!!

I was all hopped up on sugar for like 3 days - couldn't shake my feeling for wanting more and more.
It's a sickness!!! People laugh at me when I say I'm addicted to sugar... but it's true!!! I really believe I am!
I calls me all hours of the day and night - my head can't think of anything else when I know there is sugar in the house. I seek it out, I find it, I down it. I feel good at the moment - then horrible when I snap out of it. "What is wrong with you?? Why are you doing this? Seriously, get a grip!!"

The weekend was finally over - the sugar out of the house but I'm still feeling like I'm coming off of my sugar binge. Mad at myself for falling into those old traps. But this time I know more than ever how it affected me. It's just best for me at this stage of the game to stay away from all things with that amount of sweetness. I'm not one of those people that can just have a little chocolate to satisfy my craving... It only makes me want more. So That's It! I'm done with cake!!! Damn CAKE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment