Sunday, September 12, 2010

COACH!!!

I have a COACH!!!

She's great - she's full of knowledge and experience.
I met her last year when I joined her Triathlon class - I didn't do so well in the class.
The time of day was difficult for me with home life and the business. But I liked her and
thought maybe I'd try the class again some time.

So after my last race I contacted her - and let her know what my future goals were.
I was hoping she wouldn't laugh at me. Guess what? She didn't!! She was more than
happy to meet with me and form a plan.

I'm so scared to get stuck back in the same rut I was in before. Slipping into the winter - not much exercise, eating bad, bad sleep. I needed a plan to get me through - so my friend talked me into a 1/2 Marathon!

Yeah - never thought about it before, but why not?? I'm doing ok with my running, gotten over my IT injury, it's local and I've got 10 weeks to get ready.

So I'm signed up and working my way towards this new goal. I think this will be a great way to keep me motivated thru October.

Laurie (my Coach) wanted to run with me last Friday to see how I would do and maybe give me some pointers. I was so nervous. I'm a pretty slow runner - 12min  miles or so. But she's great - she stuck right with me the entire time and gave me some great things to think about and work on when I'm training alone.

We went for 6.5 miles!!! Her plan for me is to be on the conservative side for my first race. So far the plan is to run 8mins, walk 2mins.  - I felt great after the run. We practiced drinking Gatorade and water.
I didn't even get sore the next day. What is up with me?? This isn't the old Holly for sure!
On top of that - I've got CALF MUSCLES!!! Yeah, you can see them when I flex. Now that's improvement!!!

Next weeks training schedule:
Monday- run 5 with 7-8 pickups
Tues - bike or swim 40-60mins
Weds - Track Class + 2miles
Thurs - swim
Friday - 7.5 mile run

1 comment:

  1. Holly, hey Melissa here from JOURNEY TO IRONMAN WISCONSIN 2012 blog. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, or should I say a novel ;-) on my blog. I would love to get to know you better. My face book name is Melissa Joy Bastian Black and my email address is mommymeepa@aol.com Please feel free to get in touch. I would love to share our journeys and support each other along the way. Take care and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete