Sunday, June 13, 2010

In the beginning

I'm new to blogging - so this will be a new experience too.
I'm on my way to a journey I've always wanted to take... the Ironman!

At this point, I'm overweight by 50 pounds - I've got drive but I'm having
a hard time staying motivated.

I'm an athlete at heart and I want to be an everyday athlete like I once was.

3 little girls and a home grown business has gotten me away from what I once
was. I'm ready to take myself back! I'm ready to get serious! Losing weight is
my main focus with a secondary focus on 3 sprint triathlons this summer with an
ultimate goal of the Ironman Wisconsin in 2012 or 13.

I've got an awesome support team - I just need to stay focused on the goal - both
big and small. I'm hoping this blog will help me stay on track and remind myself
of where I'm trying to go and when I look back to see where I've come from.

Nighty night! I've worked my way up to 4 miles of running over the last couple months.
Which is more than I've ever gone before. I'm slow as hell, but I seem to be able to do it. Tomorrow I'm aiming at trying 5 miles just to see if I can do it.
Charging up my iPod as we speak and have my shoes ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment